1.04.2011

Top Tip Tuesday 7

It's the first 2011 tip but we are already at Tip 7!  A great thanks to Louise who has a few more tips for us.  After that who wants to give us a tip?  Eh?  Email me at byutatortot@gmail.com.  Enjoy this next tip!

Be polite, honest and act with integrity…blogging netiquette


 
Today’s tip is short and sweet, but goes a long way towards helping you make and keep loyal blog friends.

 
  • If you take a freebie off a blog, say thank you
  • Don’t copy or take anything unless you have permission
  • If you copy something and re-use it, give the original person the credit (a link, as a minimum, is nice). Nobody likes plagiarism.
  • If you make a mistake, apologise
  • If you don't know, say so
  • If you wouldn't want your post to be shown in the national news or if you wouldn't want your family to see it, then don't post it.
  • Always think twice before publishing potentially hurtful remarks, even if they are true. Just because you CAN publish something, doesn’t mean that it is morally correct to do so. Remember the old saying “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”.

Can you think of anything else which should be blogging netiquette?

 

I hope you found this feature useful, if you have any questions or comments, then leave a comment below and I'll do my best to answer it :)

 

About Louise: I am 35 years old, married and live in the UK. I am a blog designer with over 20 years experience producing digital graphics and over 10 years writing on blogs. My main blog is my blog design blog, Adori Graphics, where I sell custom blog makeovers and premade blog templates as well as posting tutorials and blog freebies. I consider myself an "ethical blogger" and believe that everyone should give something back to the blogging community, which is why I write guest blogger articles, offer sponsorships to blogger conferences, sponsor giveaways and run a free blog makeover program called Write From The Heart.
 
Thanks Louise!
 
Have a great day!

 

0 Comment(s):

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.